Thursday, April 14, 2011

Update

On tuesday afternoon Josh, Ty, and I went the doctor's office for a ultrasound visit. I was going for a Cerebral Palsy exam. When my doctor suggested that I get this test done it freaked me out but after I discussed it all with him I realized it is just a standard test they are doing now. Ty isn't even 2 yet and already things have changed with the pregnancy tests! So basically I had to get a blood test done and get an ultrasound. Who would turn down a chance to get a peek at their baby?!? Not me! I would love to post a cute pic of our little one but guess who didn't like anyone spying on them. Yeah, not our baby. The tech only needed to get 3 measurements to complete the exam, so you would think that this went rather quickly. Think again, we were in there for about an hour. After going to the bathroom once, turning from side to side multiple times and coughing to encourage the little stinker to move around we got what we needed.
I was amazed at how much the baby has changed in 3 weeks. I got to see fingers and toes and a couple of summersaults. Our next ultrasound will be in 6 to 8 weeks and I am still on the fence if we are going to find out the sex or not. This time I am leaning more toward finding out, just to experience it both ways. I must confess that I am way more curious this time around! We already have the name thing done. It was barely discussed and we both love them!
So since our sweet growing baby didn't produce a very good picture I will leave you with one of my handsome almost 20 month old. HOLY COW! How can this be! That sounds so close to 2 years old! Good thing I am already working on his birthday party.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

uh oh...already a little stinker :)

Anonymous said...

are you sharing the names? Or waiting till this precious little one arrives?

Lara said...

So far we are not sharing anything yet. I can't decide what I want to do. Maybe if we find out the sex, then we will tell everyone the name. Otherwise both might be a surprise untill the end ;)