Monday, October 24, 2011

Life at Home

I was released from the hospital on Thursday just before noon. I was so ready to come home and get settled in. Thursday night was rough. We played musical beds here and it didn't really work out to great. Ty slept in our bed with Josh and I slept in Ty's room with Max. Max was sleeping off and on but I couldn't fall alseep for anything. Sometime during the night Ty wet through his p.j.'s and Josh decided to come get me up to take care of things. Josh went to work on friday and my sister came over all day to help me out. When she got here in the morning I left Max with her and I took Ty to daycare. Thats when all the emotions kicked in. I cried the whole way there and back. I felt to bad leaving him and just going home, even though I know he loves it there. I got better as the day went on and I took a 2 hour nap. Friday night was just spent at home. My parents came over and we ordered take out.
I felt like a new person when I woke up on saturday. Max had a couple of 2 hr stretches and I know that was just what I needed. Max had a doctor appt in the morning and it went great. He was down to 6 lbs 14.5oz and he didn't grow yet. He goes back on Oct. 31st for a follow up. We realized on the way there that Max loves his carseat. He slept the way to Swansea and way back and for another 2 hrs when we got home. Saturday night was spent watching the cardinal game and we enjoyed some delicious lasagna.
On sunday we just took it easy and home and enjoyed family time.



Ty has been a great help with his little brother. He always makes sure that he has his burp cloth and a paci. He loves holding him and giving Max his bottle. I swear since we have been home, Ty has grown a foot and says 75 more words than he did before. It almost breaks my heart that he seems to have grown up over night. But he is a big brother now. Most of the time he still refers to Max as "Baby" and he is sure to tell us when Max is crying. I put Max in his crib yesterday for awhile and Ty pushed his bench over to it, so he could see in.





Today, I took Ty to daycare this morning and he got to show everyone his new brother. I cried again when we got home because I feel so guilty being here without him but we are paying for daycare and I think he needs to keep with his normal routine.
I did forget how much easier it is to get stuff done without a kid running around. My plan is to get everything done today so I can have a great day with both of my boys tomorrow.

Max doesn't know what to do with it being so quite around here when Ty is gone.
P.S. Check out his side burns, lol.

9 comments:

Christine Pettijohn said...

He is so cute. Happy it is going good.

Cassie said...

Awwwww, remember he is having a great time and you are a great mommy!! It will get better.

Max is just adorable. I love how dark he is.

YAY for Ty adjusting well and being so helpful!!

Hang in there Momma!!

Erin said...

Awe I love this! Such a happy family. He is so adorable. And great skin! Happy for you!

Adrien said...

He is such a cutie! Ty sounds like he's doing great as a big brother so far. :)

Crystal L said...

Max is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet him. Glad to hear that Ty is being so helpful.

Kim Luke said...

I can totally relate on how fast they grow once their sibling is here. I felt and still feel the same way about Landon!!!! I love watching them grow, but man- if only they would slow down!!!
You have two handsome boys on your hands!!!
good luck with everything <3

Chrystal said...

Both of your boys are just too cute! Am I crazy to think that Max might look like you??

Anonymous said...

Can I meet little Max on Halloween? Heather texted me that she walks around your neighborhood and said we could go with her. We might just for a couple houses, I dont see Micah being to hip on doing it at all. So I thought that would be the perfect oportunity to meet little Max! I have a little something for him and he MUST get it before he turns a month old!

Lara said...

So far more people are saying that Max looks like me but I'm sure that will change and I'll have 2 mini Josh's running around. Lord help us all!
Angie, come over! We usually have a party but I'm not sure what is going on this year. I would love to see Megan all dressed up too!