So tonight we are throwing a surprise funeral for both of them. No reason to be sad we are celebrating the wonderful memories we have all had. Some family will be coming over to pay their respect before it gets hauled off. If you have any memories that you would like to share please feel free, and I will be sure to pass them on.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
A Birthday and A Funeral
Today is my Dad's 57th birthday! Most anyone who reads this knows my Dad and knows that he is such a wonderful person. He will do anything for anyone at the drop of a hat. In most of his "save the day" moments he has had his rusty trusty truck "Ole Blue" by his side. Well Blue stopped truckin' awhile back and has become a lawn ornament in my parents driveway. After the heartbreak of it dyeing short of rolling 600,000 miles, Dad has finally decided to part his trusty companion.
So tonight we are throwing a surprise funeral for both of them. No reason to be sad we are celebrating the wonderful memories we have all had. Some family will be coming over to pay their respect before it gets hauled off. If you have any memories that you would like to share please feel free, and I will be sure to pass them on.
So tonight we are throwing a surprise funeral for both of them. No reason to be sad we are celebrating the wonderful memories we have all had. Some family will be coming over to pay their respect before it gets hauled off. If you have any memories that you would like to share please feel free, and I will be sure to pass them on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lara, how did I not know you had a blog?? I feel behind the times. :)
600,000 or anything near that is AMAZING, haha. We're proud of our Buick's 300,000! I think a nice, respectable funeral is a wonderful idea. Is it disrespectful to take pictures? ;)
I am not a very good blogger but I am trying my best:)
I will be taking pictures and I hope to post them on thursday.
O MY GOSH...LOL
I remember Ole Blue...I think Amanda was learning how to drive stick. We were picking up grass clippings and putting it in the bed and I think she made it die or something and we were on the tailgate and flew into the grass clippings....but there are much much more that I remember about Ole Blue.
Post a Comment